Get the Uber Banting Diet Toolkit! It comes pre-loaded with all our recipes and meal plan templates.
Banting Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry [BT]
- 4 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 500 g chicken breast, with skin cut into strips
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock preferably homemade
- 2 tbsp soy sauce grey list
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger root minced
- 1 medium red sweet pepper cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup mushrooms, any variety sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp pecans, chopped optional, omit to make the recipe Banting Green
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken strips and sauté until no longer pink. Add the broth, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When the chicken has almost finished cooking, sauté the peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate pan for 4 to 5 minutes. If you like, add a tablespoon of sauce from the chicken.
- Combine the chicken and vegetables and remove from the heat.
- If using pecans, don’t add them to the stir-fry until you’re ready to eat, they’ll get soggy.
Get the Uber Banting Diet Toolkit! It comes pre-loaded with 300+ Banting recipes and meal plan templates.