Banting Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry [BT]
- 4 tbsp olive oil or butter
- 500 g chicken breast, with skin cut into strips
- 1 cup chicken broth or stock preferably homemade
- 2 tbsp soy sauce grey list
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp ginger root minced
- 1 medium red sweet pepper cut into strips
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper cut into strips
- 1 cup mushrooms, any variety sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2 tbsp pecans, chopped optional, omit to make the recipe Banting Green
- In a large sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken strips and sauté until no longer pink. Add the broth, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- When the chicken has almost finished cooking, sauté the peppers, mushrooms, and broccoli with 2 tablespoons olive oil in a separate pan for 4 to 5 minutes. If you like, add a tablespoon of sauce from the chicken.
- Combine the chicken and vegetables and remove from the heat.
- If using pecans, don’t add them to the stir-fry until you’re ready to eat, they’ll get soggy.
Need More Recipe Inspiration?
We are a community of Banting enthusiasts sharing our kitchen stories, ideas, and experiences.
An exciting, no-risk, two-week adventure into a new way of eating. It may very well put you on the road to a happier, healthier you for the rest of your life. Doesn’t that sound simply irresistible?
You know you want to try it. What are you waiting for?
TAP TO JOIN! It’s Free for Now!